Chief Operating Offi cer,
Maldives Airports Company
Republic of Maldives
Maldives Airports Company Limited (MACL) is a state owned company responsible for the
operation and management of Velana International Airport (VIA), Maldives. Employing over
3,200 staff MACL has a diverse airport operation which includes Ground Handling, Cargo
services and Fuel Services as well as business units such as duty free and lounge services.
With the completion of ongoing airport development projects, MACL will operate a new
international passenger terminal which will accommodate 7.5 million passengers annually and
a new cargo terminal with the capacity to handle more than 120,000 tons of air cargo per year.
VIA serves more than 33 international airlines, which includes some of the major airlines in the
world and caters to nearly 3 million passengers per year. In addition to being the base airport to
all domestic airlines, VIA is home to the largest seaplane operation in the world.”
MACL invite applications for the post of Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Key Responsibilities: The COO will work closely with the CEO and team to establish and
implement operational policies for safe and reliable operation of the airport to ensure that the
airport operations are set to achieve the operational excellence.
Required Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field.
- At least 15 years of work experience with a good track record in Corporate sector, with a
minimum of 5 years of Operations Management experience in Senior Management Level
in the Aviation Industry desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of airport management, operations and development.
- Demonstrate strength in obtaining results through a clear focus on goals and accountability,
communications, and knowledge of the Airport business.
- Possess professional knowledge of ORAT programs.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Should be a person of high integrity, ethical and moral standards.
- Ability to develop and establish strong working relationships with key partners as
demonstrated by the level of two-way communication and feedback.
Remuneration: Negotiable with attractive benefit package.
The appointment is for the period of 3 years with scope for further extension depending on
need and performance.
How to apply: To apply for this position please email to: email@example.com
a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae along with certified copies of certificates, a recent
photograph, two reference letters, salary history and expected salary.
Application Deadline: 28th March 2020.