Get Crazy Handout
Challenge:How might we get people to buy more of our product? First, get crazy and gen-
erate some ridiculous ideas such as the following:
- Threaten people with a “long vacation” if they don’t buy your products.
- Pay them $1 million for every dollar they spend on your products.
- Promise them three magic wishes.
- Attach a subliminal advertising device to their televisions.
- Have your cousin Vinnie pay them a visit.
- Send your product to every home in the world as a holiday gift and invoice the home-
O.K., those are pretty ridiculous. Now use each one to stimulate a more practical idea.
- Offer free or partially funded vacations to people who place large orders.
- Develop a list of “magic wishes” with a lottery for customers to select one of the wish-
es; for instance, one wish might be to win one dollar every day for ten years.
- Offer discounts to people who pay with cash.
- Offer family discounts.
- Create a new product with a holiday theme.
54 101 Activities for Teaching Creativity and Problem Solving
101 Activities for Teaching Creativity and Problem Solving.Copyright © 2005 by John Wiley &
Sons, Inc. Reproduced by permission of Pfeiffer, an Imprint of Wiley. http://www.pfeiffer.com
04 VG 39-76b 10/5/04 5:31 PM Page 54